Daily Check In
Posted: April 17, 2023
As a positive daily practice, especially as changes are happening, it can be helpful to check in with yourself and keep some data points on how you are doing. Here’s a simple one.
- Emotion word of the day
- It can’t be a word that describes what you think of a pizza, i.e. good, bad, alright. Cheesy or saucy are acceptable.
- Rate your symptoms, challenges, or goals on a scale of 1 to 10
- Common symptoms are: Anger, anxiety, depression, pain, PTSD
- Common challenges are: Grades, medication changes, work / school performance
- Common goals are: Gratitude, optimism, or another personal strength.
- Create a goal for the day, preferably one that helps you move toward larger goals.
- Write a positive affirmation or pick a theme song for the day