Types of Meditation
Mindfulness is the cornerstone of every therapeutic intervention. There are many ways to practice mindfulness, here are just a few.
- Flow, or being in the zone, is a state of enjoyment, focus, and absorption in an activity such as sports, creative arts, gardening, or doing dishes with intention.
- Gratitude is a practice of mindfulness.
- Self Soothing
- Guided meditation is a good entry level practice with some being specifically focused on sleep. (NSFW Example)
- Tibetan Monks work to imagine the temple of heaven about the size of a quarter a couple inches in front of your nose perfectly without distraction for 3 to 6 hours.
- Buddhist Monks work to quiet the mind
- Taoist Monks work to hold presence to the moment.
Have any thoughts, questions, suggestions, or comments on this article? Wondering how to this can be applied, modified, or adapted to your polyamorous, swinging, kink/ BDSM, or otherwise interesting relationship? Feel free to reach out to me here.