Exploring Beliefs about Hope
The objective of this exercise is to begin the process of thinking about hope and what it means to have hope.
Write some hope-focused questions on pieces of paper and answer at random. The following are guide questions that can be used at home, to explore the ritual of hope and evaluate different methods of expressing hope:
- What does it mean to have hope?
- What are the benefits of having hope?
- In your opinion, what does a hopeful person look and sound like?
- How have you used hope in your own life?
- Are there any risks with having hope?
- If a picture on your wall could remind you of hope every morning, what would that picture be?
- What is the smallest possible change that could increase your hope?
- Try to think about some communities or individuals that might benefit from hope?
- Consider different ways of expressing hope within different communities. Do you think some methods would be more effective than others and why?
Have any thoughts, questions, suggestions, or comments on this article? Broken link? Wondering how to this can be applied, modified, or adapted to your polyamorous, swinging, kink/ BDSM, or otherwise interesting relationship? Feel free to reach out to me here.