10/10/10 Morning Routine
The first 90 minutes of our day tend to be the most productive, according to research. The most successful people practice consistent rituals that they perform optimally while focusing on the essential tasks. A great way to set yourself up to be as creative and productive as possible is the 10.10.10 morning routine. Ten minutes of meditation followed by ten minutes of reading then ten minutes of journaling.
- Meditate for 10 Minutes. When you wake up, spend the first 10 minutes meditating. If you are new to meditation, there are apps such as Calm, Headspace, or going to youtube and searching “10 minute morning meditation”.
- Read for 10 Minutes. This can be anything, books which you find impactful for personal or spiritual growth are highly recommended.
- Journal for 10 Minutes. Close your practice with ten minutes of journaling. Your mind has been focused then fed information to fuel creativity, problem-solving, and innovation. The final step is taking a few moments to capture your thoughts in a journal. It can be sketches or flow of consciousness, but it’s paramount to write it down. The act of putting thoughts on paper does more than capture your ideas. Physically writing will help inspire new ideas while reinforcing them in your memory.
But I don’t like…
So not everyone loves to write, meditate or journal. What can we do instead that still gets our day started off in a productive and growth mindset. Some alternatives you might enjoy are:
- Running, exercising or Yoga, get the body warmed up and ready for the day ahead. This option not only helps wake up your physical body, but it also can put you in the “zone”, which is a type of meditation.
- Don’t like to write? Do a Vlog or record your thoughts in a stream of consciousness way. Writing engages certain parts of your brain that are beneficial, however saying your thoughts out loud can really help also, especially if they are things that you struggle to say out loud and keep them hidden.
- Mirror Work is a practice of learning to love ourselves unconditionally. Helps with self esteem and self love.
- Reading is not your thing, listen to an audiobooks, podcast, or any other way to consume knowledge and learn something new.
The way you set up your 10/10/10 is as unique as you are, try to find what gives your morning the jump it needs to help you be the best you can be.
Have any thoughts, questions, suggestions, or comments on this article? Broken link? Wondering how to this can be applied, modified, or adapted to your polyamorous, swinging, kink/ BDSM, or otherwise interesting relationship? Feel free to reach out to me here.